Satellite phones have gone from exotic and expensive to mainstream and affordable. Our need for anytime/anywhere communications has driven demand, while reduced hardware and airtime costs have made them more common.
These devices now deliver voice calling as well as data services such as text messaging and WiFi. Nova deploys easy-to-use satellite phones for a wide range of applications:
- Remote resource industries such as mining
- Emergency measures and first responders
- International business travellers
- Pilots, offshore sailors, and truckers
- Remote residents and hospitality industry
- Redundancy for mission-critical communications
- Machine to Machine (M2M) applications
The life-saving power of a satellite phone is highlighted by the rescue of a ship’s crew off Sable Island on Canada’s east coast. Click here to read the story.
Nova Communications is a proud Iridium Canada partner for satellite phone networks. Our customers are well-served by Iridium, with it being the only provider for true global coverage including the poles, while offering a wide range of products and services. Iridium Canada has proven reliability for our many satellite phone customers.
Popular Iridium offerings from Nova Communications include:
- Iridium 9555 satellite phone–compact, easy to use with industrial-grade ruggedness
- Iridium Extreme satellite phone–toughest handset with additional features
- Iridium AxcessPoint–accessory for your Iridium phone that creates a Wi-Fi hotspot, letting you access broadband data over your smartphone
- Iridium GO!–unique compact portable unit for voice calls, WiFi data and Twitter posts